18th week...

Our Baby:

"Baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so she can actually hear you talking now.
Other highlights this week:
This week is also the beginning of ossification. And while that sounds like some long and involved paperwork you'll have to fill out, it's really a fancy medical term for the hardening of your baby's miniature bones. And that's a good thing.

Your baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. Her sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A substance called myelin, which makes nerve connections travel faster, is now coating your baby's nerves.

Your baby now weighs between 5 and 7 ounces and is about 5½ inches long. " -taken from 3dpregnancy.com

Changes in me:

I am still battling a cold but it seems to be easing up a bit. Josh has been fantastic at taking care of me and making sure I eat. My appetite is slowly coming back....but I only fancy home cooked meals which is hard to do right now because of our "kitchen issues".... Which is really frustrating but it's motivating us to move out sooner then later (we already bought a new couch!!). My family has been wonderful at providing meals for us. When Josh is off work we are almost always at my parents house indulging in the fantastic HOME COOKED meals they make for us. Recently my sister has also invited us over to indulge in some enchiladas! yum! So, if your in the mood to cook and what some company, don't hesitate to invite us over. :)

My body is changing and I am definitely showing a proper baby bump now. :) With the onset of a baby bump, curious hands also appear as they touch my belly....and although this is the number one complaint of pregnant women (people touching their belly), I don't mind at all!! Not one bit! I see it as a loving gesture and I welcome it with a loving heart. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for update. I love to cook and I love your company. Time to eat!

Jpoway said...

"I welcome it with a loving heart" -what a beautiful way to go about it. I can't wait to touch your belly :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for update. I love to cook and I love your company. Time to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I welcome it with a loving heart" -what a beautiful way to go about it. I can't wait to touch your belly :)

    ReplyDelete


up