A prayer for baby

Finishing up Baby's fingerprints and toe prints is on your creation agenda this week. Lord, I wonder how in the world you engrave those swirls and whorls and lines on those tiny little fingers and toes. A masterpieces that you will never again replicate exactly. I stand in awe.

Oh, God, would you help my child embrace her uniqueness? I know that peer pressure starts at an early age. I know she's going to be faced with the desire to "be like everyone else". Will you help us instill in our child an appreciation for her distinctive traits, that combination of qualities that set her apart?

Help her to delight in who she is, delight in who others are, and be thankful that you bestowed different gifts up us all. There are few greater blessings in life than to be perfectly content with who we are and what you have given us.

We can't wait to meet this little baby that you've fearfully and wonderfully made!

In Jesus' name I pray for my child,
Amen.

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you before you were born, I set you apart.
- Jeremiah 1:5

1 comments:

3Leonards said...

Amen and AMEN! I stand in agreement, my friend. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Amen and AMEN! I stand in agreement, my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete


up