I am a Fireman's Wife :)

A friend asked me if it's hard or upsetting when my husband gets called into work unexpectedly. She asked me how I cope with the fact that suddenly we are faced with a complete change of plans. She then told me she couldn't imagine living with a schedule like ours...having a husband whose job calls him away from home, sometimes for days at a time, the ever-changing schedule, working holidays, etc... I told her I totally understand! lol While I am so very thankful for my husbands job (and the fact that he loves it), his crazy schedule often drives me, well...CRAZY!

But you know...the thing that really gets me through the long absences--besides the Lord's grace and His constant protection over us--is my husband's wonderful attitude. He loves his job, but he makes sure I know that he loves me more...and it's never easy for him to be away.. When he gets the call from work and has to drop everything to come in, he just does it. He never complains. He just accepts it as what the Lord has for him. I can tell as he races around getting his gear together, he is also thinking about what he's leaving behind...the unfinished chores he wanted to do, the hike we were going to take, the church service he really wanted to attend, our small group bible study we've been looking forward to or the conversation we were going to finish later. There is always something.

I confess there are times when I don't have that same wonderful attitude as my husband. But then the Lord reminds me, He has called me to be MY Fireman's wife...crazy schedule and all. : ) I need to be supportive and not make it harder on my husband. I need to be a blessing to him.

So tonight as I spend another evening without my hubby home...I am missing him and I am praying for him. But I am also thanking God for him and his example of accepting whatever the Lord has for him, without complaint. I am a blessed woman, indeed! : )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessed wife you are!!! LOL! Love your lil sis.

Nicole Leonard said...

You have a wonderful attitude, Angela, and I admire you so much. You and Josh are a shining example of a couple whose lives point to Christ. I love you!

xoxox
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I only wish one day to have a marriage like yours! :)

Anonymous said...

HI ANGEE! UR THE BESTEST:) <3 U AND UR PAGES THEY R SO AWESOME! BYE.

PEACE<3BOOKS

Anonymous said...

Hi angee ur blog is so awesome! U rock! Bye!

Sami

5 comments:

  1. What a blessed wife you are!!! LOL! Love your lil sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful attitude, Angela, and I admire you so much. You and Josh are a shining example of a couple whose lives point to Christ. I love you!

    xoxox
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish one day to have a marriage like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI ANGEE! UR THE BESTEST:) <3 U AND UR PAGES THEY R SO AWESOME! BYE.

    PEACE<3BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi angee ur blog is so awesome! U rock! Bye!

    Sami

    ReplyDelete


up