America's Heroes



There is no simple answer to the question of what drives someone to be a hero. Some experts say that people spurred to heroism are that way because they have a profound respect for human life...or because they have a strong sense of empathy and self-esteem. Moral courage and physical strength also are important contributors to the trait of heroism. There may even be a biological component: some people just have it in their blood to be heroes.

The trait of heroism lives somewhere inside all of us. Hopefully, we never have to face a moment that requires us to act heroically. But as they events of September 11 showed the world, when that moment arrives, America's heroes respond without hesitation.

Thank you to all our heroes. Thank you to those of you who were nowhere near the attack sites and still did all you could do. You gave blood. You donated money. You flew flags. You said prayers.
Today and for years to come, our heroes will never be forgotten.
More importantly, Thank you to all who still choose to become firefighters. Being a firefighter is not a profession, it is a way of life. It's not a job that they perform, it's what they believe in.


Lord, I pray and thank you for the heroes that gave so sacrificially on Sept. 11. Help me to remember their courage and learn from them. Lord, heal all those who lost their loved ones, their heroes that day. May they come to experience your presence and know your peace. In Jesus name, Amen.

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

G
od Bless you all!


There is not one but two heroes in my life. First is Jesus, my savior. Second is Joshua, my Husband. Thank you Joshua for being my hero. I give tribute to you and pray that God keeps you safe as you work so hard to keep people safe. I love you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love, Grandma Paula

Nicole Leonard said...

Amen and Amen!!

Who's been taking those AWESOME photos of Josh? I LOVE them! He surely is a hero and you are a very blessed woman, Angie!

I LOVE YOU BOTH and hope to see you soon.

Oh, and I got your email. I just have been busy working on a DVD of Ady's wedding. I'll respond to your email tonight. Promise!

xoxoxoxo
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole,
Jason took the two photos in the last post of josh standing backwards in the light...pretty cool huh.

I took the photo in this post of Josh (black and white)...I love it! It is my favorite of him so far....
Thanks for reading..love you!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love, Grandma Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen!!

    Who's been taking those AWESOME photos of Josh? I LOVE them! He surely is a hero and you are a very blessed woman, Angie!

    I LOVE YOU BOTH and hope to see you soon.

    Oh, and I got your email. I just have been busy working on a DVD of Ady's wedding. I'll respond to your email tonight. Promise!

    xoxoxoxo
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole,
    Jason took the two photos in the last post of josh standing backwards in the light...pretty cool huh.

    I took the photo in this post of Josh (black and white)...I love it! It is my favorite of him so far....
    Thanks for reading..love you!

    ReplyDelete


up