Her water station is fully loaded with 2 or 3 small drinking glasses and a set of dish towels to wipe up any spilled water.
She really LOVES her water station and the freedom she has to quench her own thirst.
I love that it is hidden behind our pantry doors and doesn't take up any extra space in our already small kitchen. I don't think I could squeeze in one more piece of furniture if I tried.
I think the self-serve water station is great at cultivating independence, motor skills, focus and concentration in a toddler. Give it a try..I think your little one will surprise you!

I love that idea! Do you practice any other montessori things? I would love to see more pics of your set ups if you do. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHeather, we do a wide range of montessori activities daily. I will share our work space set-up soon.
DeleteWow! I can't imagine my 2.5 year old being able to do that. Let's just say he is a little spirited! Ha!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Cute pics by the way on all your other posts.
I've always entertained the idea of the Montessori Method. I love the independence it fosters. It sounds like you started early?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWhile I was pregnant I looked into the Montessori Method and decided I would incorporate the method as soon as possible. We did and it is such fun! Because we really enjoy all the activities,last year, I decided to become a certified Montessori instructor..I am almost finished with the program!
Delete