Five months. Wow. Sometimes we still can't even believe you're here and you're ours!! Seems like just yesterday we found out I was expecting you, then learning you were going to be a she and fixing your nursery just right.
I think about all of the things still to come and it is kinda of scary. Right now I just have to keep you safe and love you. As you grow, I have to do that, and also teach you how to be a wonderful person. I have to teach you right from wrong, how to love, how to forgive, how to count, how to do everything! You can see how this would be overwhelming for a Mom and Dad!
Thank God I have your Dad to help. :)
I hope I can teach you the best way to do all these things and more. I know it's only going to get harder, but I know it's only going to get more rewarding too.
Some of the things you've learned and perfected this month:
- You're a professional sitter now...but I still worry you are going to fall and bonk your head so I still use the boppy :)
- You LOVE people. You smile and giggle and laugh at everyone! And people LOVE you!
- You grab at tucker and try to grab on tight to his nose and face..he doesn't seem to mind much.
- You love your jumperoo! You bounce and giggle when you are in it..so cute to watch!
-You grab onto the toy bars on your bouncer and swing and sit yourself up. (we have to make sure you are buckled in now).
-You are starting to throw your toys..not intentionally but you whip them around so fast that they just fly out of your hand sometimes. lol
-You anticipate so many things now and you wiggle and giggle in excitement (music, favorite songs, babywearing, being picked up by daddy...)
-You reach for EVERYTHING...including our food.
-You can drink from a straw sometimes
-You can drink from a cup
-You start to get upset when we take a toy from you or when you can't manipulate it the way you want to.
....so many other things I am sure, but I just can't think of them right now.
Sleep:
You have an awesome bedtime routine this month. We can put you down at 6pm and you go to bed like a champ! You still wake frequently at night, but it's slowly getting better and to be honest, we are starting not to mind it much. We know this is a season and it will pass. We enjoy the extra cuddles and comfort you need right now.
Clothes:
You are in 6months clothes but growing out of them fast. Some of you 6month clothes is starting to fit to tight. You fit into 6-9month clothes comfortably.
Daddy bought you 2pairs of shoes this week because he thought you needed them..lol He picked the cutest shoes for you. We hope you don't grow out of them to fast!
Toy:
You favorite toys right now: Sophie the Giraffe, wooden Kringelring teething ring, and your books.
Emily, We love you so much and we can't wait to see what month six has in store!
Look at her sit!! She is a beautiful star!! You have a really smart beautiful baby.
ReplyDelete