4 months old!!!

Dear sweet Emily,

You are 4 months old today and my have you grown! I have no idea where the time has gone, but let me promise you I have loved it all.

You are more than we could have ever  hoped or imagined.

I don't know how we got the cutest baby ever!! lol  But I don't think it's just daddy and I who think that!  Every where we go you get compliments about your cuteness!! People can't stop complimenting your big beautiful eyes, your dark hair and your porcelain skin! And I am not over exaggerating either! You always stop strangers in their tracks when you smile and giggle at them. We've seen it happen too many times to count.  They call you a "little snow white". 


I am still in awe of how much love there is inside of me since you were born. Amazing. Intense. Forever. You're the best thing that has ever happend to me right up there with your daddy.

Such a blessed life I have!











You've grown so much and can do so many things!

Today we had your 4month check-up with your doctor and she was so impressed by you!  She said you are developmentally ahead of the rest! And she guessed that you would start sitting up on your own before you turn 6months. Your daddy and I think you will sit up around 5months!
The Doctor also said you are in the 95percentile in regards to your height (long baby!!) and 55percentile with your weight (just right!).
She also commented on how happy you were.  You were all smiles and even giggled a few times.  You also reached for her red stethscope and almost pulled it out of her ears!! lol

I mentioned to her that you used to sleep 10hours a night but for the last week or so you have been waking every 2hours at night.  I told her that I would nurse you every time because I knew you were hungry. She applauded me for listening to my intuition and feeding you every time because you were indeed going through a growth spurt!
In 2weeks you gained 1lb and grew 1 1/2 inches (your poor little body was probably aching)!! She said it was so important for me to feed you through your growth spurt. I am so thankful I listened to our bodies and helped you grow!
Last night you only woke up twice and the Doctor thinks you will be back on your 10 hour schedule in no time! That is great news for all of us!!! :)

You still haven't had any vaccines, so you still enjoy the doctor visits. Don't worry, you won't be getting shots for quite sometime. Mommy and daddy have decided that it's best if we let your little body get stronger before we pump you with a bunch of yucky stuff! :)

I was also thinking about piercing your ears today at the doctors office but I didn't want to make you cry on your 4month birthday and don't think I want to put you through an unnecessary crying fit. Maybe we will just wait until you get older and we will make a special day of it.

Things you liked to do while you were 3months old:
  • You love to laugh and giggle.  
  • You love to stare and grab at our faces.  You always grab at daddy's eyes and pinch his nose. So funny to watch.
  • You roll over both ways
  • You are enjoying tummy time much more these days.
  • You enjoy playing peek-a-boo
  • You love being in your Ergo baby carrier and get happy when you see me putting it on.
  • You love all your toys but right now your favorite toy is your rings. You love sucking on them. You still enjoy your ball but the rings have your attention right now. And you love to bite on your books.
  • You are a thumb sucker! You love to suck your thumb to sleep.  I can tell when you get sleepy because you stick that little thumb in there.  So cute!

Growth and development
  • You wear 3-6 month clothes and 6-9 month clothing.
  • You wear size 2 diapers. But I can sometimes fit you in size 1! :)
Appetite
  • You have been eating every 2hours if not more frequently but it was a growth spurt so I think you will probably go back to eating every 3hours pretty soon.
Motor skills...etc.
  • You can grasp and grab everything.
  • You've chucked your bendy ball across the room a few times..lol
  • Your feet are your latest find and you love to grab them and stare at them. You found them when you just before you turned 3months
  • You've sucked your toes a few times
  • You love to blow bubbles and make noises using your drool! lol
  • You are now content just being near us. Daddy and I love spending time with you.  We lay you between us on the couch or in bed and we just play with you and make you laugh.  You will lay there for a long while now, you never used to do that before. It's so much fun!
 Sleep
  • You were waking every 2hours at night but now you seem to be getting back to your normal routine.
  • You take 45min naps now.  You probably take 4 a day.  And sometimes I can get a good 2-3 hour nap out of you if I lay in bed with you! :)
  • We've established a bed time routine.  I think having one before you "understood" was pretty pointless but now you get it and understand when bed time is approaching.  We start dimming the lights about 30minutes before bed time.  We put you in your pj's every night, put a fresh diaper on you and then I sit in the room, in the dark and nurse you to sleep.  You eat a lot right before bed and you fall asleep fast.  I lay you in bed and you are usually out for a long time!

2 comments:

QakieMomie said...

What a beautiful baby!

Mandi said...

I love reading your updates on your beautiful little! You are so blessed indeed!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates on your beautiful little! You are so blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete


up