Organic can be EXPENSIVE!

Anyone else noticed that buying organic fruit and veggies can get expensive fast!? I  try to buy organic at my local farmer's market, or Henry's/Sprouts but it can get expensive. Because we can't really "afford" to buy all organic all the time, I usually only try to organically buy the 12 fruits and veggies treated with the most pesticides.  Check out this updated 2010 list below of which 12 fruits and veggies are treated with the most pesticides and should only be purchased organic. The list also tells you the top 15 that you could purchase non-organic if you need to save money! :)

And why is this stuff important: For MANY reasons...but recently a study showed that ADHD is linked to pesticide exposure. Finally, some people are realizing that pesticides have serious effects on our health. 


MUST Buy Organic (Highest Pesticide index) Lowest in pesticides (SAVE Money – Don’t need to buy Organic)
1.       Celery 1.       Onions
2.       Peaches 2.       Avocado
3.       Strawberries 3.       Sweet Corn
4.       Apples 4.       Pineapple
5.       Blueberries 5.       Mangos
6.       Nectarines 6.       Sweet Peas
7.       Bell Peppers 7.       Asparagus
8.       Spinach 8.       Kiwi
9.       Kale 9.       Cabbage
10.   Cherries 10.   Eggplant
11.   Potatoes 11.   Cantaloupe
12.   Grapes (imported) 12.   Watermelon

13.   Grapefruit

14.   Sweet Potato

15.   Honeydew Melon

2 comments:

Rita said...

Love the info! I do try to buy organic too. But it is ridiculously expensive!

Jlo..lol said...

thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Love the info! I do try to buy organic too. But it is ridiculously expensive!

    ReplyDelete


up