Ergo Baby Carrier

After some research we've decided on buying the Ergo Baby Carrier. We've chosen the Ergo carrier because it encourages the "natural sitting position", unlike some other carriers that have baby dangling by the crotch (like Baby Bjorn).  Even though this doesn't seem to be a widespread concern yet, it does make sense to me that this position is not a natural position for a baby to be held in.  Just looking at pictures of babies in the Baby Bjorn vs. Ergo or Beco carriers, shows a major difference in the sitting positions.  
The Ergo Baby Carriers can be used from newborn (with Infant Insert) to toddler! And they have some cool accessories too!

Check out these other baby carriers that encourage the natural sitting position:
Beco
Boba

3 comments:

Paleen said...

I love my Ergo!!!!!!!! It's a little pricey but worth it!

Anonymous said...

I have an ergo and we love it! My hubby uses it all the time.We received a bjorn as a gift and returned it because our pediatrician (a good friend of ours)told us it wasn't the best for our little girls spine.

MomieWorm said...

I have a bjorn and snuggli and agree that it is a "crotch dangler". lol We aren't using them anymore but wish I would have down some searching online for such concerns. It's always good to be an informed consumer. Even if no studies have been done. It just makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. I love my Ergo!!!!!!!! It's a little pricey but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ergo and we love it! My hubby uses it all the time.We received a bjorn as a gift and returned it because our pediatrician (a good friend of ours)told us it wasn't the best for our little girls spine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bjorn and snuggli and agree that it is a "crotch dangler". lol We aren't using them anymore but wish I would have down some searching online for such concerns. It's always good to be an informed consumer. Even if no studies have been done. It just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete


up