
Josh is back to work. We really enjoyed are time together while he was home.
We visited Long Beach Dog Beach this weekend and met up with some other local Labrador retriever dog owners. It was fun to see them all frolicking in the ocean water. The beach was very calm and tucker enjoyed playing "fetch" most of the day. Tucker knows not to drink the ocean water (we make sure to provide lots of drinking water nearby) but unfortunetly when he grabs the fetch toy in his mouth from the ocean water, he and all other dogs swallow some water. This can be very dangerous for dogs because they can't digest salt. It can lead to death if too much salt water is ingested. Tucker threw up two times before we went home. We felt so bad. Poor thing. But immediatly after throwing up we could tell he was feeling much better. Whew...thank goodness.




Wow! I didn't know that about salt water.
ReplyDeleteAnd while I'm thinking about it... remember I took a pic of that plant in your house? My mom and grandpa looked at it and they said it's a Dieffenbachia ("diff-in-bock-ee-ya" in case you were wondering how to pronounce it, like I was). My grandpa said he also thinks they're very poisonous to animals so you might want to do some research on it.
Love you!!